Many women loathe wearing a swimsuit because they feel shy or inadequate about their bodies. However, if this describes you, don't despair. Instead, consider purchasing a swimsuit that has built-in tummy control. Flattering tummy control swimsuits are a perfect style solution for anyone who is self-conscious about her stomach.
Where to Purchase
Swimsuits with tummy control features are readily available at retail stores and online boutiques.
- Kohls: Browse their selection of Croft and Barrow® Fit for You Tummy Slimmer suits, and you'll be amazed by the wide range of neckline styles, fabric colors and patterns, and designer touches from which you can choose. Opt for a one piece slimmer like this bright floral one, or use their faux wrap style to create the look of a two piece suit with all the convenience of a one-piece garment.
- Swimsuits For All: You'll love the way this black sarong front one piece suit which slims with its visually slimming lines and smoothing tummy control panel to give you a svelte look. Many other tummy control styles are available from this company, ranging from swim dresses to halter styles to cute bandeaus.
- Cyberswim: Cyberswim should be at the very top of your list when it comes to finding the perfect slimming swimsuit. That's because Cyberswim offers one of the widest selections of Miracle Suits. Choose from a trendy one shoulder style, or a more classic suit. Even better is the fact that most of these suits are housed side by side; this makes comparison shopping that much easier.
- Bare Necessities: When you think of Bare Necessities, women's lingerie typically comes to mind, but did you also know that they offer a comparable line of tummy control swim styles as well? Here, you'll not only find the much sought after Miraclesuit, but you'll also find the aptly named Magicsuit.
- Miraclesuit: The ever-popular MagicSuit from Miraclesuit® is constructed from Miratex® and gives a fit that the manufacturer claims will make you look like you have ten pounds slimmer. These uber figure flattering suits come in misses sizes 6 to 20 and cup sizes B/C.
Advantages of Tummy Control Swimwear
A swimsuit with a control panel is an ideal choice for women whose stomachs are trouble spots. A control panel serves the following purposes:
- Slims the midsection, thereby giving the illusion of a flatter stomach
- Gently but firmly provides complete support to the area, eliminating unsightly bulges in the process
- Shifts the focus of attention to other parts of the body, such as the hips, shoulders or bust
As you can imagine, a lot goes into making sure that these tummy control swimwear work. To accomplish this feat, many swimsuit designers rely on a complex mix of technologically sound features, boning and contouring, and even specifically made panels in order to design a suit with slimming effects.
Some key factors you'll want to keep an eye out for in your search for the perfect tummy flattening styles are:
Miratex is newer fabric that is steadily replacing the better known Lycra. The reason for this is simple: Lycra often creates an unflattering sausage effect that no woman wants to be seen in. Miratex, on the other hand, offers a greater amount of support than Lycra, but it remains flexible and supple. This helps to combat the constrictive feel that Lycra often has.
It sounds intense, but these built-in panels are actually your friends. Key to this invention is the fact that the panels don't sit flush against your skin. Instead, they are built into the fabric. Thus, you not only look trim but feel comfortable as well.
Boning conjures up all sorts of wild images of when women confined themselves to fit into suffocating corsets, but luckily, boning has come a long way since then. Modern boning materials in many of these styles are more flexible and comfortable to wear than ever before.
Flattering Tummy Control Swimsuits
Today the selection is so diverse that it can actually be difficult settling on just one swimsuit. Make your job a little bit easier by choosing the type of swimsuit you are interested in first. Once you've done so, your only dilemma will be choosing a design you like.
Women who wish to conceal a belly should look at the following types of slimming swimsuits:
These two-piece suits feature a long top that extends to the end of the torso. The bottom is a pair of regular briefs. The tankini style is especially suitable for anyone wishing to conceal the stomach - it covers the area completely, can feature a tummy control panel and streamline the bottom half of the body for a smooth, sleek shape.
Similar to the tankini, a skirtini features a skirted bottom with a bikini underneath. It is an excellent style solution for anyone whose concerns include not just the stomach, but also the hips, upper legs and bottom. The tankini-style top typically features a tummy control panel, while the bikini bottom may offer a support panel that slims the lower half.
By now, it's fairly easy to differentiate one "-ini" from another. Figure-flattering shortini sets includes a swim tank and a pair of baggy shorts attached to bikini bottoms. This is an ideal option for the woman who feels self-conscious in a swimsuit. It offers exceptional comfort, and it easily conceals all trouble spots.
Women who would rather wear a basic swimsuit will love the surplice swimsuit. It's practically made for the woman who wants to hide her belly. Surplice suits feature a wrap-style bodice, and most also include tummy control panels.
Other Tummy-Flattering Features
- A great tummy-concealing swimsuit might also include one or more of the following features:
- Shirring across the midriff that adds a slightly textured look that discreetly conceals tummy bulges
- High-waist briefs that add extra comfort and support
- High content of Lycra and/or Spandex, both naturally slimming materials that offer greater control when used in larger quantities
- Color blocking, which can have a slimming effect
Choose the Best Swimwear for You
Take care in selecting the right figure-flattering swimwear. These specially-made suits can be a bit expensive, so choosing the wrong one can be a costly mistake. You'll want to make sure that the style you eventually choose is every bit as beautiful as it is slimming. When in doubt, visit a shop where you can try the swimwear on in person, or utilize the customer service function that is available on many sites. Make sure you review the return policy and comparison several different places to ensure that no matter what the look you choose, you'll be happy with your purchase.