MAC Pro is a line of cosmetics specifically designed for professional makeup artists and other beauty professionals. Many makeup professionals rely on the quality of MAC cosmetics for their makeup kits. The MAC Pro website allows members to access a variety of information, locate stores that carry MAC Cosmetics, enroll for training opportunities, and more.
MAC Pro Products
Created by makeup artists, MAC Pro products include over 300 high quality cosmetics that stand up to the rigors of photo shoots, fashion shows, theater productions, films and television shows. Makeup artists and beauty professionals find the rich pigmented cosmetics to be ideal for their application needs. MAC cosmetics are available at Pro stores or online. With membership in the MAC Pro program, members can enjoy significant savings and benefit from industry information.
MAC Pro includes a large line of options that artists may consider for their cosmetic kits, including:
- Lips - glosses and lip colors
- Eyes - pencils, shadows, creams, mascara and lashes
- Face - exceptional foundations and powders provide a flawless canvas for artists
- Multi-purpose - a variety of products are available for creating unique artistic expressions
- Tools - everything a beauty professional needs
- Airbrush - ideal for face and body painting techniques
Membership and Benefits
The MAC Pro membership offers discounted cosmetics to professionals in the beauty industry, including cosmetologists, makeup artists, models, and hairstylists. According to the membership information, "Makeup artists and other creative talent who use make-up as a primary part of their work are eligible for the program." Prospective members must apply and, once accepted, members enjoy the following benefits:
- Product information - comprehensive updates on the website keep industry professionals in the know.
- Email and mail communications - periodic notifications of upcoming events and trends.
- 30% - 40% discounts on MAC cosmetics - note that the discount varies, depending on the profession.
- Special events and classes:
- Master Classes - provide opportunities to develop skills by focusing on new products, trends, and techniques; taught by leading makeup artists.
- Pro-to-Pro Party - a social networking event that allows members to meet other artists, stylists, agents, models and performers in the industry.
- Online forums - members can discuss trends and techniques with other members.
- Industry trend reports - the latest and greatest in the artist community.
- Free shipping on orders over $150 - members are allowed five free shipments per year.
- Special articles:
- Meet the Artist - highlights a specific makeup artist and the products they use.
- Pro Faves - the top artists in the industry sound off on their favorite MAC Pro cosmetics.
- Informative articles - including the latest makeup techniques and products.
- 10% discounts on trade magazines, classes, and more:
- Make-up Artist Magazine - a fantastic resource for makeup artists.
- LE BOOK - with over 4,000 pages, this trade publication for the fashion, beauty, advertising and entertainment industries provides visuals and contact information.
- Make-up Designory - members receive a discount on tuition for this makeup and styling school.
- Makeup Shop - members can get discounted rates for the Makeup Shop's workshops and classes.
- Talentnetworks.com - a website for industry professionals, including listings, portfolios and other opportunities for self-promotion; members get a 10% discount on website design/hosting and a 20% discount on online portfolios and listings.
Cost of MembershipThe annual membership fee for MAC Pro is $35.00. Under the rules of membership, purchase of MAC products must be for personal and professional use and cannot be resold.MAC Pro also has a student program, extending their member privileges to those attending a school for makeup artistry or the performing arts. This includes a 20% discount, access to classes and events, web access and a Student Makeup Kit. The annual student fee is just $10.00.