Wrinkle-free women's clothing is a perfect solution for travelers, busy moms, and students who don't want to use an iron. Any woman wearing standard-processed linen or cotton in hot weather can run into wrinkling issues by the end of the day. Creased clothes are often awkward and unprofessional, but fortunately, there are plenty of stylish options from trusted retailers to make your life easier.
What Makes Clothing Wrinkle-Free?
Some brands of wrinkle-free women's clothing are the real deal, but there are plenty of styles that simply won't perform as expected. Here's how to determine if an item will pass the test.
- Check if the brand is reputable. See below for a list of reputable brands and stores that sell quality wrinkle-free clothing.
- Shop at travel stores for recommended brands that combine tech fabrics with breathable bases like cotton.
- Know that linen is not the enemy. When combined with other fabrics, it can be an easily packable solution that can be tucked away into your suitcases or dresser drawers without worry.
- Check the label for Nano-Tex or special finishing agents that help your clothes repel wrinkles.
- Any stretchy material such as Lycra, Elastane, and Spandex all are crease-free, and when blended with cotton, make for a super-smooth look.
A wrinkle-free summer dress is a great choice if you're planning on being active. It's best to choose a comfortable fit and fabric so you won't need to worry about looking messy during the day.
- Chico's has a lovely Pleated Sleeveless Dress that's part of their wrinkle-free Travelers Classics collection. The dress has hand-painted pleats so every one will be unique to the purchaser. There's a scoop neck with an interior lining and it's made from 100% polyester. The dress sells for about $119.
- A classic black dress style is the Women's Elbow Sleeve Knee Length Fit and Flare Dress made from a cotton, rayon and spandex mix. It has handy pockets on the sides and the fabric mix is designed to keep you cool and comfortable while resisting wrinkles. It sells for about $60 and comes in XS through XL and in regular, petite and tall sizes.
- The Long Weekend Tank Dress from Everlane is made from 100% cotton and has a relaxed fit for extreme comfort. It sells for about $40 and comes in hazel, black, azalea, and canvas and in sizes XXS through XL. It gets 4.76 out of 5 star from satisfied customers.
Wrinkle Resistant Shirts
Finding women's no-iron wrinkle-free clothing can make getting dressed for work or play, easier.
- L.L. Bean is a great source of shirts that don't crease. The site has their own wrinkle-free clothing section with options like a Women's Wrinkle-Free Pinpoint Oxford Shirt. This no-iron 100% cotton shirt comes in regular, petite and plus sizes and in white, clear blue and yellow zest. It sells for around $50.
- Eddie Bauer has another classic option with this Wrinkle-Free Long-Sleeve Shirt for about $65. It comes in chambray, dark thyme and white and in regular, petite, tall and plus sizes. It's made from a cotton/spandex blend that's moisture-wicking and has patented "pucker-free" reinforced seams.
- The Chaps Women's No Iron Shirt available at Kohl's is a stylish option that can look great with a skirt and dressy pants or paired with your every day jeans. It's made from 100% cotton and comes in seven different colorful patterns and size XS to XXL. It's available for about $60.
There are many fabric options that can produce wrinkle-free or wrinkle-resistant pants, such as cotton and spandex blends and cotton twill.
- These Women's Wrinkle-Free Bayside Pants from L.L. Bean are perfect for work, travel or a casual outing. They come in regular, petite and plus sizes and in regular and tall inseams. There are six colors to choose from and they sell for about $45.
- Kohl's carries Lee Wrinkle-Free Relaxed Fit Straight Leg Pants, which have the look of jeans with a more stylish twill fabric. They're a perfect option for work or travel if you're looking for something just a bit "up" from classic jeans. They come in six colors and in petite, average and tall sizes. They sell for around $44.
- Another twill stretch choice are these Mid Rise Khakis in Straight Fit. Available from Gap Factory for about $50, they come in regular, tall and petite sizes and in golden khaki, cool olive green and true black. They're 97% cotton and 3% spandex with front and rear pockets.
Women's Wrinkle-Free Travel Clothing
When you're getting ready for a business trip or vacation, you want to find the best wrinkle-free, packable travel clothes. This makes it easier for you upon arrival to unpack your items and be ready to wear them with no fuss or ironing.
- Chico's No Iron Collection has several excellent travel options for both comfort and style. The Linen Sleeveless Tunic Pullover comes in classic black and gets a 4.7 out 5 star review from happy customers. It comes in sizes S through XL and sells for about $79.
- Blair has the Ultimate Travel Dress with a simple, streamlined design and easy-to-care-for wrinkle resistant fabric. It comes in black, royal and blue iris for about $6 and in misses, petite and women's sizes.
- Everlane's Wide Leg Crop Pants marry comfortable cotton blend fabric with a flattering fit. They have a high rise fit, cropped hem and are available in short and regular sizes. The pants sell for about $72 and come in six colors.
Tips and Tricks
Wrinkle-free clothing only stays that way when you treat it right.
- Avoid packing your dresser drawer full of stuff. A jam-packed drawer only exacerbates potential crinkles. Even if your clothes are wrinkle-free, you don't want to purposefully overload them into a tiny drawer.
- While it might seem counterproductive, some items are best packaged tightly in your suitcase or closet.
- Lightweight items can be folded flat for the best effect. Be cautious of collars when packing and always make sure things lay flat.
- It's okay to fit as many wrinkle-free dresses as you can in your closet, as they often do well when tightly packed together.
- Some packing tips will instruct you to roll suit jackets, but plastic will reduce the level of friction between important items. Pick up a couple of those plastic garment bags at your local dry cleaners.
- Remove your clothes immediately after they are done washing, use a gentle spin cycle, and hang dry all of your wrinkle resistant clothes. Once dry, they will stay true to their name and be totally wrinkle-free.
Wrinkle-free clothes are definitely a great replacement for everyday clothes when you are flying, have a big meeting, or simply when you know you have a ton of running around to do. It's important to look your best during that big meeting, and it's nice to look chic coming off an airplane when your loved one sees you for the first time in a while. The point is, this type of easy care clothing is made so chic and stylish now that you will actually get excited to put on that no-iron blouse!