Whether you are trying to save time, conserve gas or avoid the bad lighting in dressing rooms, women's fashion clothing catalogs are a great way to shop. Regardless of your style, budget or size there is a catalog to meet your needs. Here are some of the most popular women's catalogs. All of these companies have reputations for delivering quality items at varying price points.
Popular Women Fashion Clothing Catalogs
High End Fashion
- Neiman Marcus is the ultimate fantasy catalog. In addition to women's wardrobe staples like Eileen Fisher and Dana Buchman, this catalog features fabulous shoes, bags and jewelry. Every July, the company publishes a holiday book with outrageous gifts for those hard-to-buy people in your life.
- Saks Fifth Avenue is another great catalog. This company sells classic, designer looks that work in the real world. If you're looking for special occasion dresses or commanding Armani suits, this is the catalog for you.
- Gorsuch is a specialty catalog featuring exquisite cold weather items. Are you planning a trip to Aspen or just sledding in your back yard? Either way, this catalog has the coat, boots and scarf to complete your look.
- Vivre feels more like a magazine than a catalog. Vivre owner Eva Jeanbart-Lorenzotti chooses items designed to inspire and spark your imagination. In addition, Vivre offers a personal shopper service through the catalog and website.
- Peruvian Connection is yet another fantasy book. The catalog features rich, woven clothing made from Peruvian alpaca and pima cotton. The sweaters are especially beautiful. When the weather turns cold, Peruvian Connection allows you to look beautiful not bulky.
- Lands' End is one of the most practical clothing catalogs. The company makes easy care knitwear and sturdy outerwear. You can easily purchase your entire wardrobe from this one book. The bathing suits and winter jackets are the most popular catalog items.
- J. Crew carries youthful styles and fun accessories. If you're looking for well-made basics that aren't boring, this is your catalog. The styles are classic but the colors are always fresh. In addition, the shoes and accessories are fun and allow you to create a coordinated look.
- Newport News publishes a magazine-style catalog. The company has been in business for more than thirty years and sells trendy clothes at low prices.
- Boston Proper is a good resource for non-work clothes. The styles are current and the prices are low. This is the place to find weekend outfits and beach clothes.
- Spiegel: has been doing business since 1905. This catalog is jam-packed with great ideas. Spiegel features wardrobe basics and trendy fashions. The catalog also features style advice throughout its pages.
Hidden Benefits of Women's Clothing Catalogs
Free style advice is one of the hidden benefits of women's fashion clothing catalogs. In addition to convenient shopping, catalogs offer these great advantages:
- Coordinate your wardrobe. When you shop from a catalog, you have the ability to access your closet while you shop. By coordinating your new purchases with your existing wardrobe, you can avoid buying your fourth pair of black boots and instead purchase the skirt you need to complete an outfit.
- Reality, Not Runway. Women's fashion magazines have beautiful pictorials and interesting articles, but many of the items they feature are outrageously expensive and would look ridiculous off the runway. Catalogs are a great way to stay abreast of the newest fashion trends. You can find the hot new looks that fit the average women's budget and look good in the real world - not just on the catwalk.
- Finish the look. Many catalogs offer everything you need to create a coordinated look. If you lack the confidence to mix and match, or the time to shop for accessories, catalogs can provide one-stop shopping. When you see a look you like, you can replicate it by ordering everything on the page.
- More options. Some items, like plus sizes and narrow shoes, are difficult to find in a department store or boutique. Plus size departments are usually one-third the size of the women's and junior departments and the average shoe store carries very few specialty sizes. Catalogs often offer a wider variety of sizes.
Tips for Catalog Shopping
There are some tips you should keep in mind in order to get the best deals possible from your catalog purchases.
- Check the fine print. The most important rule for purchasing from women's fashion clothing catalogs is to understand the return policy. You can't try clothes on before you buy so make sure you have the ability to return them if they don't fit. The most convenient catalogs offer prepaid shipping on returned items.
- Consolidate purchases. To save on shipping charges, try to buy multiple items from the same catalog. Land's End, J. Crew and Neiman Marcus offer more than just women's fashion so you can maximize your order.
- Save the planet. Look for catalogs printed with soy ink on paper certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC). The FSC promotes responsible management of forest's worldwide. Some catalogs also offer recycling programs. This information is usually posted on the back cover of the catalog.
- Use control. Because catalog shopping is so convenient, it is easy to get carried away with your spending. Avoid looking at catalogs if you are prone to overdoing it.
Follow these tips, curl up on your couch and shop 'til you drop!