If you're looking to stand out from the crowd at your next formal function, a unique evening gown can show off your personal style and help you look and feel gorgeous.
What Makes an Evening Gown Unique
Classic designs and polished colors can always make a woman look stunning, but if you want an evening dress that has a bit of extra flair, you can opt for something more unusual. There is a wide range of evening gown styles available, from very affordable looks to high end designer dress creations.
Some of the aspects that make an evening gown original and unique include:
- Custom designed or custom made gowns
- Vintage or retro dress styles
- Unusual colors or patterns
- Unique details or embellishments
- Exclusive or limited edition designs
- Dramatic designs
- Gowns created with unexpected materials
- Classic gowns with unexpected twists, such as a backless black dress
Examples of Unusual Evening Gowns
With the range of dress styles available, there is something for every taste, whether it's a renaissance-inspired ensemble, a dark mysterious gown, or a deceptively simple dress with delicious details that make it extraordinary. Let's take a look at a few unique evening gown styles that are available.
- The Esmeralda by Florisimo: This lovely strapless rich yellow gown is made from metallic taffeta. The black corded net floral-like detail on the bodice adds visual interest, and the skirt drapes uniquely to both sides and is shortest in the middle for an elegant but unusual look.
- The Herion Evening Gown Collection is comprised of very unusual gowns that are wearable art. Bold cuts, unusual color and fabric combinations, and screened artistry make these gowns truly distinctive.
- This Precious Formals evening gown, available at Cinderella's closet, will make you stand out with a multi-colored, hand-beaded, corset-style bodice and layered rainbow chiffon skirt.
- The distinctive collection of evening gowns by Gribha International uses incredible detailing to create dresses that are anything but ordinary. Elegant, sexy, and statement-making, these dresses are sure to appeal to women who love creative details.
Unique Gowns: Considering Cost
Having flattering and original gown for a special event is important, but it's also important to factor in the cost. Many one-of-a-kind or unique dresses cost considerably more than a standard evening or cocktail dress. These might range from several hundred dollars to thousands of dollars, depending on the design, materials, and exclusivity of the dress. Ideas for making a statement for less include;
- Shop for pre-owned evening gowns at sites like One Night Affair for considerable savings
- Check vintage clothing stores - even with the cost of cleaning and alterations, your total may be significantly less than purchasing a new unique dress
- Use accessories like jackets, scarves, bold jewelry, and an attention-grabbing clutch to make a statement with a simpler gown
Where to Purchase
There are many places where you can purchase dresses with a bit of added pizazz. In addition to looking for different styles at department stores and other retailers that carry ladies evening wear, consider the following resources for style inspiration:
For unique contemporary evening gown styles:
- Simply Dresses: Has both simple and unusual designs and prints.
- Only Gowns: Includes a variety of dresses with dramatic cuts, bright colors, and embellishments.
- Elegant Mart: Dresses that combine elegance with attitude.
For custom made or one-of-a-kind dresses:
For unique vintage evening dresses:
Whether you are able to buy a lovely custom or couture dress, or use your creativity and shopping savvy to find an affordable style, unique evening gowns are certain to give you a stunning edge.