Nothing says timeless and chic quite like a selection of Liz Claiborne shirred tops. Though the famed clothing collection is constantly rotating and chock-full of new seasonal products at any given time, there is occasionally a fabulous shirred top in the bunch. Since this style is so popular nowadays, it's no surprise that so many designers churn them out!
About Shirred Material
You may see the word "shirred" in catalogs or on websites from time to time and wonder what it's all about. Just a glance at a collection of shirred clothes will probably tell you what you need to know, but properly defined, shirred refers to material that is drawn or gathered into more than three parallel columns. This creates a shapely look and may occasionally also appear more voluminous. It's used most commonly on swimsuits and tops.
Shopping for Liz Claiborne Shirred Tops
Though it's hit or miss, you can probably find a decent selection of Liz Claiborne shirred tops with a little effort. The shirts may not always be available at the official Liz Claiborne Web site, for example, but chances are you can find them elsewhere on the Internet. Here's just a taste of what you might find in your searches:
- Jersey T-Shirts: Simple, classic jersey tops in solid hues are always in style. You can't go wrong with a versatile top like this. With cap sleeves, a scoopneck collar and delicate shirring to lend just a hint of detail, this top is uncomplicated and comfortable. It's ideal to wear throughout summer with denim skirts or shorts, is perfect to pair with jeans during spring and will slip nicely beneath lightweight cardigans and thick sweaters during fall and winter. Made primarily of cotton, this top is as simple as it gets - throw it in the washer and wear it for years to come.
- Blouses: There's nothing more feminine than a sweet printed blouse. Liz Claiborne's shirred garden blouse, for example, is a springy top that transitions nicely into summer. Adorned with an artsy, watercolor-inspired floral print, the top billows lightly and falls in a flattering A-line shape. The shirred fabric lends it a unique look that allows it to stand apart from the rest. It's ideal to pair with jeans and even works in a pinch as a cute beach cover-up! Keep an eye out for similar styles during the warmer months of the year.
- Tank Tops: Who doesn't love a comfortable tank top during the summer? Of course, add a little style to the equation and a Plain Jane outfit suddenly looks a whole lot better. For example, Liz Claiborne's shirred tank tops are available in a number of bold, eye-catching hues. Trendy styles may feature an empire waist or a drawstring beneath the bust for added detail. Pair them with everything from your favorite casual trousers to a pair of capri pants.
Where to Purchase
As mentioned, it's not always easy to find such specific articles of clothing at any given time of the year. Shirred tops tend to be very lightweight and casual, so your best bet is to check the official Liz Claiborne Web site when the spring and summer collections become available. Chances are you'll find at least one or two tops that meet your needs. Of course, that's not the only place where you'll find quality Claiborne merchandise! The designer's clothing is also available online at the following retailers:
- 6pm: This discount retail Web site is a favorite for fashionable men and women who are on the hunt for a great deal (and who isn't?). Check back every now and then for Liz Claiborne merchandise at reasonable prices.
- eBay: There's nowhere better than eBay if you're seeking a place to find those hard-to-track-down items. From past season tops to current styles that are sold out everywhere, they just might be available here if you're on the site at the right time!