Looking for ladies spring suits? They are difficult to source when you haven't been in the job market for a while, or if you have gained or lost weight. While they are challenging to fit and style, once you find the right look for you, you'll be pleased with how many options appear.
Ladies Spring Suits Styles
You have many choices in the world of spring suits, and all it takes are a few hours of shopping time to realize it. Warm-weather suits come in a good selection, from short-sleeved or puff-sleeved belted versions to three-piece items. Here are a few top choices.
- Short-sleeved suit jackets are perfect for women working in a warmer climate. You get the casual comfort of a tee, but also the structure of a suit. Pair with any skirt shape you choose. Match the top and bottom of your suit for a professional appearance.
- Tulip skirts, which flare out at the hip, are a great way to jazz up your spring work wardrobe. They add curves and still look work-appropriate.
- Menswear-inspired selections have year-round appeal, so why not invest in them this spring? Choose a jacket with a tuxedo-esque shape to stand out in the workplace.
- Look for three-piece suits that look great with tie-neck blouses in spring colors.
If suit color confuses you, just remember: sticking to black or navy in spring is still perfectly acceptable! Pinstripes and subtle patterns are exciting, but budget-minded business suit shoppers are more likely to find all-season use by buying the basics. If you find the right accessories for your ladies spring suits, you won't feel like you're missing out on casual business wear selections.
How to Style Your Ladies Spring Suits
- Knot a silk scarf around your neck in a spring color. Lemon, cream, and pale blue are all great choices for the workplace.
- Look for pins and brooches to add color to your basic selections. While the pieces need to look understated, they still add a flash of brightness to an otherwise "safe" work choice.
- Look peppy on the street before and after work by wearing a bright trench coat or wrap.
- Choose a pair of heels that perfectly complement your personal style: you'll find that your whole outfit feels upgraded!
- Wear a new pair of inexpensive but eye-catching stud earrings. They are work-appropriate, and they are fun to buy and wear.
- Pay attention to spring trends and purchase blouses with a seasonal flair to wear underneath your jackets.
Be Comfortable in Your Suit
Are you the type who fights a feeling of confinement when you're wearing a suit during spring? While we sometimes can't avoid wearing a suit, we can switch up what we wear underneath, from lingerie to layering blouses. This makes a difference. Look for tops in chiffon or silk, and don't force yourself to wear heavy-duty shapewear come spring.
Even your suit can be lightweight. Crepe, silk, wool blends, and cotton are all options for the professional woman, and shopping around for the best suit weight will do wonders for comfort.
Where to Buy Your Suit
Need to buy your suit now? There are a few reliable shops that won't disappoint, and hidden finds that you will love from first stop.
- Mango features stylish suit jackets under $100, and they often have on-trend items that keep you current.
- Banana Republic sells items that are considered "investment pieces." Buy one and wear it for seasons to come with your other key wardrobe work pieces!
- Make a stop for discounted suits from Macy's, which you will find comfortable and well cut.
- Check Newport News for highly trendy suits for women, which are often $50 or lower per piece.
- Armani Exchange is a smart selection for masculine-inspired suits for the executive woman.
- First job? Go to Couture Candy for youthful selections in lighter colors.
Virtual Styling Suggestions
Need more help choosing your spring suit? The following sites offer great suggestions for fresh style.
Now let's move on to summer with professional summer fashion!