A denim jumpsuit is a must have item for spring or summer. This stylish garment can be worn in many ways and for various occasions. Start with your favorite style and dress it up or down as needed.
The Jumpsuit Trend
Seen on many celebrities, the denim jumpsuit has become a trendy wardrobe staple for many women. Whether it's worn for an afternoon lunch with friends or for a night on the town, the jumpsuit has endless possibilities. The appeal of a jumpsuit is its one-piece design, making it both easy to wear and extremely comfortable. Since it is a one-piece garment, there is no need to worry about coordinating pieces. All you need to add to the outfit are a great pair of shoes and some fabulous accessories.
Styles of Denim Jumpsuits
Many designers have added these versatile items to their fashion lines. You can find them at almost any price point these days, and there's a surprising variety in styles, from comfortable and practical to unapologetically sexy.
Zara has a couple of reasonably priced denim jumpsuits in their collection. Check out:
- Short Frayed Denim Jumpsuit: This one works best layered over a shirt or cami in most situations, due to the low front. It's sleeveless, 100 percent cotton, and features two large pockets on the front as well as two in the back. This style in a rich denim blue can be dressed up or down. Expect to pay about $30.
- Denim Jumpsuit with Patches: This one is a capris style and will work with either a button down or a more casual t-shirt underneath. Embellished with patchwork applique, the jumpsuit features traditional clasps and a criss-cross back. Expect to pay around $40 for this one.
Forever 21 has a surprising number of these stylish pieces in their online store.
- Button-Down Denim Jumpsuit: This utility-inspired sleeveless style features dual chest pockets, slanted front pockets, and a collar. Roll up the hems or leave them down to call attention to sexy shoes as necessary. This is a versatile piece that veers more casual than dressy, but you can dress it up with a cute pair of wedges and chunky jewelry. Expect to pay about $40.
- Carrying on with the utility-inspired trend, there's also a long-sleeved version, the Zip-Front Chambray Utility Jumpsuit. This is a lightweight, 100 percent cotton piece inspired by coveralls, but much more feminine and ready for day-to-day wear. There's a drawstring to make it looser or more cinched in at the waist, depending on the look you're going for. Pockets on the chest and hips are cute finishing touches to this design. The price is just over $40.
- The Chambray Utility Jumpsuit is possibly one of the most versatile of all, and can easily be paired with anything from sandals to booties. It's also one of few that can be hand-washed rather than dry cleaned. It features a collar, buttons, slanted front pockets, button flap chest pockets, and back welt pockets. This one will set you back about $40.
ASOS offers a nice selection of denim jumpsuits in several styles.
- The Wide Leg Cut Out Denim Jumpsuit shows off an unexpected glimpse of skin across the sides and lower back. The rich indigo shade and the cropped length makes this one of the chicest styles around. Even better, it's machine washable. It's 100 percent cotton and has a crew neckline and side pockets. Expect to pay just under $100.
- If you really feel like splurging, the Native Youth Wide Leg Denim Jumpsuit is one way you can do it (it's about $120). It's made of 100 percent viscose.
Cool Denim for Warmer Seasons
If you are looking for something different to wear this season, try a denim jumpsuit. It is not only easy to wear but will have you stepping out in high fashion. Pair it with some great accessories for a style all of your own.