Cato Fashions is a national clothing retailer with over 1,000 stores across the United States. At Cato, you will find a variety of trendy fashions in juniors, misses, plus sizes and even clothes for girls. Cato, whose motto is "New fashions every week. Low prices every day.," highlights their fashions and the latest styles online.
What You'll Find at Cato Fashions
Cato Fashions sells women's clothes that range from casual fashions to apparel for special occasions. Embrace the trends with their selection or choose a more classic style. Their sizes range from 4 through 26w and girls' sizes 7 to 16.
In addition, they offer accessories including jewelry, handbags, lingerie and home decor items. One of the benefits of shopping at Cato is that the stores frequently add new inventory set to sell at competitive prices. Think pants and tops around $20.00 each, dresses for about $30.00, jackets for roughly $30.00, and bras for about $15.00.
Women's Clothing Styles
This retailer is a good option for one-stop shopping for women's clothing because they offer everything from intimates and athleisure pieces to shorts and sweaters. They have an especially good selection of dresses as well.
Check out these styles:
- The Embroidered Twill Jacket (just under $35.00) is available in Desert Sage, a beautiful green that works as a neutral. It's available in XS to XL and features a cinched waist and floral embroidery along the top of the back.
- The Plus Petite Floral Kimono Maxi Dress (just under $40.00) is a black and turquoise large floral pattern with a V-neck, kimono sleeves, and empire waist. It's available in 14/16P to 22/24P. It's inexpensive and versatile. Dress it up with a cardigan or shrug, or make it more casual with a denim jacket.
- The Blouson Paisley Dress is only about $35.00. Get it in XS to XL. It's a combination of bright melon, white, and blue and features 3/4-length sleeves and a keyhole tie neckline.
- Add a pop of color to your look with the Allover Crochet Top (about $25.00). Available in Viridian Green (a turquoise shade) or Dubarry (a coral color) in sizes XS to XL, this top has a feminine style and 3/4 sleeves. Pair it with white denim for a fresh, on-trend look.
- These So-Soft Super Skinny Jeans are versatile enough be paired a variety of tops for a fashionable outfit that will keep you comfortable all day. Available in a dark wash, they are designed in a timeless, flattering style for about $25.00. The jeans come in sizes 2 to 16 as well as in petite sizes 2P to 12P.
You can get find plenty of wardrobe staples, too, like:
- Solid V-necks in plus sizes and a variety of colors
- Palazzo pants in solids and prints (some have special touches like ruching)
- Cardigans (including lace!)
- Many jean styles (including those that are on trend at the time)
- Maxi skirts in beautiful colors and prints
If you're browsing the site, you may want to check out the layering essentials section that highlights great wardrobe staples, from basic leggings to cute floral tanks and trendy blazers.
History of Cato Fashions
Cato was founded by Wayland Henry Cato and his sons Wayland Henry Cato Jr. and Edgar Thomas in 1946. The company's headquarters were established in Charlotte, North Carolina, where they remain today. Within the first year, a total of three stores were opened. Initially, Mr. Cato, who had a background in retail, hired a store manager who purchased high-end dresses to stock the stores. Unfortunately, the stores' rural locations and the expensive apparel proved to be a bad match and sales suffered.
Two years later, with the help of a new merchandise manager, the store took on a new focus and began to cater to juniors' sizes. The new mission was to provide trendy fashions that could not be found in traditional department stores and local shops. Over the years, Cato expanded and began including clothing for young girls as well as plus size clothing. Today there are Cato Fashions stores in 32 states.
Learn About the Latest Styles
Cato Fashions offers the latest styles and trends at affordable prices. They have plenty of ways to help you keep current and learn about new styles.
- To help you stay on top of the newest styles added to their inventory, the website features a "Looks We Love" section for the current season.
- You can also follow them on Instagram at CatoFashions, or check out the "catoconfident" hashtag on Twitter to see how others are pulling outfits together from Cato.
- The Cato Fashions official Facebook fan page is a great place to check for updates on the latest styles featured in-store.
- If you'd like to be alerted when new items are added to Cato Fashions, be sure to sign up for their email newsletter. To subscribe, visit the website and enter your email address in the "Email Signup" box at the bottom of the page. After filling out the contact form and choosing your email preferences, click "continue" to submit the form. After subscribing you'll receive the latest fashion and trend news. If you decide to unsubscribe, follow the link at the bottom of the last email you received from them.
Gift Cards and Credit Cards
It's easy to shop at this retailer using a gift card or the store credit card.
- Gift Cards: Though you can't buy a Cato Fashions gift card online, they are available in stores across the United States. The gift cards range in price from $25.00 to $999.00 and do not have an expiration date.
- Credit Cards: The stores offer a Cato Credit Card through the Cedar Hill National Bank. The credit cards can also be used at Cato's affiliate stores, which include It's Fashion and It's Fashion Metro. The credit card comes with a minimum finance charge of $1.00 and a late payment fee of $20.00. Customers can apply for Cato Credit online or at their nearest Cato Fashions store.
Careers at Cato
You can find career opportunities on the Cato website and see what your ultimate career path with the company could be, from sales associate to territorial vice president. In most cases, you'll print the application from the website, fill it out, and take it to the store where you'd like to work. If you want to apply for a position that involves managing multiple stores, or a position in corporate or a distribution center, you can fill out the form and email it to the address listed on the site.
Though Cato Fashions has a clearance section where you can save money, you probably won't find a lot in the way of coupons and coupon codes. You can always check sites like Deals Plus, Retail Me Not, and Offers.com but the codes listed there may not always work. When you check those, you may see special sales Cato is having even if promo codes aren't an option at the time. You can also save money by having items shipped to the store for free.
To find your local store, visit the Store Locator on the website. To use the tool, simply enter your zip code or select your state from the drop-down list. Though Cato is headquartered in North Carolina, there are stores in 32 states. There are Cato Fashions stores in all of the east coast states south of New York, in the southern U.S., and as far west as Arizona. The stores are often located in shopping centers.
Look Great for Less
Cato Fashions is a wonderful way to take advantage of trends and seasonal styles. You'll get to wear the latest looks without spending hundreds of dollars. Browse the site or their social media for even more ideas on what to buy and pair together.