The purchase of petite holiday clothing needs to be planned in advance. If you have a smaller build and are shorter than most, then you'll need to think ahead to get your proportions just right. Petite clothing can be trendier and cheaper if you think ahead, too.
Your sweaters for the holidays don't have to be the kind festooned with wreath patterns and tinkling bells. Holiday sweaters can also be soft cashmere or topped with large novelty buttons--anything can fit in as long as it's fun and fuzzy!
- Look for sweaters with nostalgic patterns and funny prints to tide you over this holiday season. Everyone likes whimsical stuff around the holidays.
- The warmest and most expensive holiday sweaters you can get will be fashioned in cashmere, with buttons running up the front. If you don't have the cash to splash on a new sweater, you can get the buttons changed to fun holiday ones.
- Short-sleeved sweaters work nicely for the petite woman, because short sleeves often suit less lengthy arms and torsos.
Dress slacks are easier to style when it comes to the holidays. You can pair pants with dressy sandal-like shoes, but you can also pair slacks with full-coverage boots, leather pumps, and dazzling booties. Since you are shopping for petite pieces, take care not to buy slacks that have cuffs or any hem detail. Any touch like that will actually make your leg look shorter! As for the general style, pants with a crisp crease down the front aren't just good for the the office. They'll make any casual sweater or blouse look dressed-up enough for the family, especially if you pair them with a brooch and appropriate shoes.
Matching sets for petite women are particularly useful during the holidays. If you have a basic black suit and wide-legged trousers, you can pair them with dressy blouses that suit the particular occasion.
- Hunt for sets that include a jacket with a flirty peplum.This jacket detail is a way to add femininity to a more masculine piece, and its fun look makes it the perfect choice for women who want to look smart but not overly serious.
- Try putting together your own set by choosing a mix-and-match color scheme. While some colors can be hard to pair, dark purples, grays, and forest greens look really exciting during the holidays with sparkly jewelry and opaque tights.
- Dress an existing suit up for the holidays with the right holiday accessories. Consider anything from metallic tights to tooled leather slippers to make your good-cheer statement.
Buy Petite Holiday Clothing
- Spiegel carries holiday-friendly clothing for women. If you like rich fabrics, but simple silhouettes, then you might want to swing by Spiegel and shop their leather, velvet, and mohair. They also carry some fantastic jewel-tone pieces on their site, like purple, raspberry, and dark green.
- J. Crew offers interesting holiday-sparkle items that suit the classic customer. Many of their cardigans have the right proportions for petite women, like three-quarter sleeves and shorter hemlines, and you'll find that the slimmer knits are friendlier for a smaller frame.
- Urban Outfitters gets ironic with their holiday items, but the selection that they have to offer has a junior's fit--perfect for someone looking for petite sizing. UO has short crew-neck sweaters with colorful stripes, whimsical patterns, and lots of unexpected textural touches that make you want to drag out your holiday brooches and go sing some carols!
- Saks Fifth Avenue carries petite sweaters that have a more subtle holiday feel to them, with simple but lively patterns heading horizontally across the front, and ribbed crew necklines and cuffs adding a more traditional accent. The sweaters in cream and black will match with any black or cream velvet skirt you have, and you can also try this holiday style with high-waisted jeans for tree-trimming or menorah-lighting time.
Petite holiday clothing options are growing by leaps and bounds for the average consumer, and that means you should be able to find the most appropriate petite looks without compromising. Fit and style do coexist for the petite woman, even around the holidays!